Why you should go nuclear on your notifications.
am a big believer that disabling notifications on your devices has the power to change your life.
I have been doing this for 4 years, and since that time I get more done, feel less anxious. And guess what? I haven really missed anything significant. This is completely against the norm, but it has given me a lot of benefits.
Here are the top 5 Benefits for me:
- More control of my day: You surrender your autonomy when you let your device dictate your focus.
- It gives me more time in the day: We average 46 notifications from cell phones alone, at 2 minutes a notification, that's an hour and a half gone.
- I get more done: We lose 80% of our productivity when multitasking, having notifications ensures multitasking.
- I'm less anxious: - Most of the notifications we get are negative.
- I don't miss anything : I tell people to cal me if something is an emergency.
If you're interested in trying this, let me know—I'd love to connect with you (and answer any questions you have getting started!). I also have a workshop coming up Monday April 25th at 5EST. Register Here.